Thread: Ebay took $355 from me.

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ebay took $355 from me.

I sold a Galaxy Tab that I got from the TacoBell Promo on ebay for a profit of roughly $350. Today I got home from a friend's house and checked my feedback which is now 97.6% instead of 100%, and checked my paypal account to see my entire funds were frozen (over $1,000) due to the buyer on ebay filing a claim about the Samsung Tab. He claims the tab is "counterfeit" and he wants a refund without having to send the item back.

I know how Ebay/Paypal work, and I know I'm going to get ****ed out of that money.

Banned
    Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt you will lose your money and the tablet. Though you probably should have taken pics of it before sending. That is something I always do. Also, at most post offices you can have them write up a description and notarize it. But if you had tracking number and everything. I would just fight it

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did take pictures of it before I sold it, and I uploaded my own pictures to the auction. I printed off a paypal label and sent it rather than going to a post office though. I've been the buyer of fake merchandise on ebay and it's pretty much a no questions asked field, but that was with clothing. Maybe this will be different?

As far as I've been able to tell, sellers get bent over on ebay for basically any claim the buyer makes. I'll be fighting it as hard as I can though, I just doubt it'll end favorably for me.

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's BS. I hope that doesn't happen to me!!

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sellers only get screw all the time (well, not entirely all the time) on paypal is when the transaction is about virtual goods.
    I doubt you would lost the claim as long as you have tracking number and proof that the item was in good condition before sending it out.
    Be rational and fair when disputing and you should easily win the claim

Banned
    Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    c this is what happend to me , just the neg feedback put my paypal on hold and froze payments i had made to other people the following days. im not a scammer and nobody understood this. I hope it happens to every last one of you too , then you'll b in our shoes and not know wtf to do.

7. Dislikes Boom, konthedon, »Milano«, Blade3D, frostedbutts disliked this post
    Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't wish this on anybody... **** sucks because someone wants to take advantage of how little power sellers have on that site.

Super Moderator
    Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it won't happen to everyone...and it shouldn't....just cancel bids from buyers who have less than 15 positive feedback... or any negatives before the auctions ends, having sign confirmation on any shipping service, insure it. Its not that hard....I'm willing to bet they had less than 15 positive feedback....Protect yourself before the auction ends and it will be unlikely to happen.

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sellers have power just not as much as the buyer, if you document well and make sure you have all your ducks in a row before shipping it off to the person you'll be much better off. Also chances are if eBay makes him ship it back.... I'd expect an empty box, because he'll have proof "I sent the item back I want my money". Also since the money was taken from you by eBay but in your paypal account you should contact paypal immediately.

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took a picture of the serial numbers and such on each of my tabs and kept track of which ones I sent to who.
    i am greedy. i am greedy. i can't win. i can't win. way too many botters, think i'll DOS the promo. 500 instances. for the win.

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheater View Post
    c this is what happend to me , just the neg feedback put my paypal on hold and froze payments i had made to other people the following days. im not a scammer and nobody understood this. I hope it happens to every last one of you too , then you'll b in our shoes and not know wtf to do.
    get over it

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.. same thing happened to me with other items.... There is a lot of scum on Ebay.

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From experience with paypal, I doubt they will side with the buyer if he's claiming its counterfeit. A lot of the time they say they don't deal with claims that say what they received was a different quality than stated. The only time they'll side with the buyer is he claims he didn't receive the item. They will probably keep your account limited even if you do win the dispute.

Also, I buy people's limited paypals if you're in need.
    Last edited by joedude1; 08-26-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Super Moderator
    Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also on top of that...why would you let anything over $200+ sit in your paypal account....xfer the money to a bank...or request a check...stupid to let your money sit there without drawing interest.

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by radtad View Post
    also on top of that...why would you let anything over $200+ sit in your paypal account....xfer the money to a bank...or request a check...stupid to let your money sit there without drawing interest.
    Show me a bank that gives anything other than a laughable interest rate.... Paypal has a terrible one (none now) as well but I still don't see anything with a good percentage out currently.

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by radtad View Post
    I didn't let it sit there. My account was limited immediately after listing the tab for no reason, even though I satisfy all their requirements:

Account over 6 months old
    Feedback over 100
    DSR over 4.5 in all categories
    Seller feedback over 20 in the last 12 months.

Then for whatever reason right after I listed the tab my account had to have balances held for up to 21 days for "buyer protection". **** ebay.

Also, the serial numbers before putting them into the box is a really good idea, I should have thought of that.

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude that's weak sauce. Sorry yo!

Bots Posted
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that is garbage...i wish you the best on that...i agree, lots of scum on ebay...careful with sales!